Whether you’re opting to tackle some DIY projects or looking for a kitchen remodeling contractor in Pompano Beach, there are some basic components of a successful kitchen remodel that you’ll want to keep in mind. If you’re springing for a full-scale kitchen remodel or even just a partial one, it’s crucial to thoroughly plan out your vision for your kitchen before you get to work. In this article, we will go over some kitchen remodeling tips so you can ensure your project comes out the way you plan!
1. Think about lighting. When it comes to setting the tone of your kitchen, light is a primary factor at play. Will your kitchen rely primarily on natural light or light fixtures? Will you have a hanging chandelier or wall sconces? LED or warm tone light bulbs? You can make all the expensive changes in the world to a renovated kitchen, but each one of these will be impacted by lighting.
2. Play with color. We can’t mention lighting without bringing up color. Whether you opt for a few touches of color to accent a monochrome kitchen or opt for a bold wallpaper print or brightly colored cabinets, intentional placement of pops of color can add a finished, professional look to your kitchen. (Pro tip: Before you pick a paint, think about your kitchen lighting setup!)
3. Rethink storage. You’ll want your kitchen to look amazing, but it has to be practical, too! When planning your budget, factor in your kitchen’s current storage capacity and whether or not you’d like to add cabinetry, widen a pantry, or add an island. While you’re at it, consider your cabinets and if you’d like to refinish or replace them! When was the last time you had too much storage space?
4. To backsplash or not to backsplash? Ah, the eternal question. While this can increase your bill between $900-$2,500 on average, adding a backsplash can be a great way to add color, texture, and character to your dreamy new kitchen. Whether you opt for natural-looking stone or colorful tiles, a kitchen backsplash can really make the room stand out.
5. Think about texture. Do you have the budget for marble or granite countertops, or will you be opting for something cheaper, like cement, epoxy, or vinyl? Are you going to go for a matte or satin finish on your cabinets? Will you have tile floors? Polished cement? Laminate? Will you add textured fabric accents to your kitchen like a throw rug or kitchen towels? Will you use stainless finished appliances? How will this interact with your hardware? These are all questions a thoughtful kitchen renovator will think about when looking for ways to tie the space together.
6. Revamp your hardware. This wallet-friendly renovation tip can add a whole new dimension to your kitchen, typically for under $300. Dark hardware, stainless, brass, or gold can all add depth to your kitchen design and make the kitchen renovation feel more complete, regardless of your budget.
7. Remember your ceiling! Whether you opt for white shiplap to brighten up the space or wish to paint your ceiling to compliment your walls or cabinets, this final touch can elevate the kitchen from an unfinished project to a professional-looking job.