Why You’ll Want to Move to Pompano Beach After Visiting
Whether you’re looking for a residential contractor in Pompano Beach, FL or are simply curious about visiting the area, you likely have some questions about what life is like in this sunny stretch of the U.S! Affectionately called the “Heart of the Gold Coast,” this coastal town just outside of Fort Lauderdale has long attracted beach enthusiasts and vacationers alike to its sandy shores. In this article, we go over some FAQ about Pompano Beach, FL as well as everything you need to know to prepare before you visit.
Where Is Pompano Beach, FL?
Pompano Beach is located in the southeast tip of Florida, about an hour north of Miami. This balmy oceanside town is located in Broward County, which is the second-most populous county in Florida.
What Is the Weather Like in Pompano Beach?
While many people know Florida as the “sunshine state,” it’s a misconception to think it’s sunny in Florida year-round. Generally, the temperature spans between 61°F-89°F over the course of the year and rarely dips below 47°F or above 92°F. Pompano Beach averages 61 inches of rain accumulation per year.
Summer in Florida is hot and humid, typically overcast, and generally less comfortable than winter months. In fact, some people say the best time to visit Florida is between November and May to avoid the oppressively hot weather while still being able to enjoy outdoor activities. Visiting in winter is enjoyable and pleasant by most measures, and is generally the time of year most savvy tourists tend to visit.
What Is There to Do in Pompano Beach, FL?
Pompano Beach has long attracted folks to its sandy beaches to enjoy fishing or boating opportunities. Whether you are a seasonal tourist or a permanent resident looking for a residential contractor in Pompano Beach, FL, there are a couple of things you must do if you visit which may make you fall in love with the area:
- Parasailing: With miles and miles of coastline, Pompano Beach is in a prime location for parasailing. Take to the skies for 360° panoramic views of coastal Florida and an unforgettable experience your family will love!
- Pompano Municipal Pier: Located at Pompano Beach, this gorgeous pier is a frequent hang-out spot for sea birds and local fish and is accessible by boat, car, bus, bike, or on foot. This makes for a wonderful mid-morning stroll, so plan to head out before the day gets too warm and bring some bread for the birds!
- The Sample-McDougald House: This historic home and culturally resonant museum dates back to 1916 and features exhibits presenting Pompano history. Check their website for a rotating list of upcoming exhibitions!
- Butterfly World: This butterfly emporium is open year-round for fun during every season! Come experience dozens of different kinds of butterflies for family-friendly fun, and be sure to check out the Thomas C. Emmel Butterfly Research Center!
- Bailey Contemporary Arts (BaCa): Located in the heart of Pompano Beach, this contemporary art museum is not only a space for folks interested in art to come view modern art, but is also an active studio space for ceramicists, painters, photographers, and contemporary artists. For current exhibitions, click here.
Residential or Commercial Contractors in Pompano Beach, FL
If you’re thinking about exploring Pompano Beach, you may be looking to make a permanent switch to the Fort Lauderdale area. If you’re looking for residential contractors in Pompano Beach, FL to build the home of your dreams, check out our contact page to get started!